Historic Inn near Freeport, Maine
Bliss Farm Inn is an exclusive property where every guest’s reservation is both important and special to us. Your room rate includes a full gourmet breakfast served each morning between 7:00 am and 9:00 am, use of the Inn’s common areas, free WiFi internet access, and off-street parking.
We understand accidents do happen, however, guests will be financially responsible for damage repair and any lost revenue that results from gross negligence. Also, guests are responsible for acknowledging the inherent risks that are associated with staying at a historic property. Please take great care to watch your step!
The state of Maine has a 9% lodging tax.
Please call the Inn for any special requests. We are happy to help with any event that you might be celebrating!
Our rooms feature queen size beds and are comfortable for up to two guests. No exceptions.
Due to the many antiques on display and the inherent risk of navigating a historic property, children under the age of 18 are not allowed at our Southern Maine bed and breakfast.
For the safety of our farm animals, we are unable to accommodate pets at our historic inn in Durham, Maine. However, we will be happy to recommend several local boarding facilities for your 4-legged traveler!
Check-in & Check-out
Check in is 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Early check-ins can sometimes be accommodated with advance notice. If you will be arriving later than 6:00 PM, please contact the Inn at (207) 407-3241 to make arrangements.
Check-out is by 11:00 AM.
For the health and safety of all guests we are a non-smoking/non E-cigarette property. A $250.00 minimum cleaning surcharge will be imposed to any room where guests have smoked/vaped with disregard for our policy. No smoking/vaping on outside decks or anywhere on the Bliss Farm Inn property.
Due to the intimate nature of the Inn, cancellations affect us greatly. If your plans change after your reservation has been confirmed, cancellation notice is required 48 hours in advance of your arrival date. Please contact the Inn by phone to avoid being charged for your reservation.
We realize that cancellations are often beyond your personal control and we will do everything we can to help with your unique situation.
Bliss Farm Inn, located in the rolling hills and pastures of Durham, ME, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1772 farmhouse, the Inn is not completely wheelchair or scooter accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Most guest rooms are located on the 2nd floor.
- There is no elevator.
- There are numerous steps leading to the 2nd floor guest rooms.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter.
- The walkway from the parking area to the entrance has level changes.
- Entry into the Inn from the front door, requires the navigation of two steps, there is not a ramp.
So all guests can enjoy Bliss Farm Inn, we are in the process of taking significant steps to remove barriers where possible at our property. Although we have only 4 guest rooms and live on the property, our Accessibility requirements are not the same as Inns with larger capacity (required to have a designated accessible room). Despite that, we still strive to make our facility accessible to as many people as possible.
We currently offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- Royalsborough, our only first floor room, is suitable for those with limited disabilities.
- To access this room, there are two steps to the entrance of the Inn and one step from the office to the room.
- This room offers a barn wood style queen-sized bed draped with quilts and premium down-alternative bedding.
- Offering the largest attached bath of all the rooms at Bliss Farm, the Royalsborough bath includes antique brass fixtures on a pedestal sink and a tub and shower combination.
- Although the narrow doorways cannot accommodate a wheelchair or a scooter, the breakfast room is adjacent to this room.
- Breakfast can also be delivered to the room.
- Although we do not currently offer designated parking, anyone with mobility disabilities can park in the roundabout next to the front door rather than the parking spaces on the side of the building.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Bliss Farm Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (207) 407-3241 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.
Bliss Farm Inn is a United States based business which complies with applicable laws to protect your personal information. As a data controller, upon consent, we will collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with superior service, analyze your travel and accommodation preferences, and inform you of specials, packages and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Individuals located in the European Union have a right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by our business. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
Bliss Farm Inn has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which guard against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. Customers and visitors will be promptly notified in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of our customers, shall to the best of our knowledge, be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with country-specific data protection regulations.
- We only collect personal data to be able to deliver accommodations in a safe and legal way for both us and the guest and in line with required regulations.
- As we only use personal data for the purposes mentioned in the point above, we assume guest gives consent by a clear affirmative action (entering their own personal data by themselves and confirming the reservation by pressing a button in the system).
- We collect the following personal data: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card data.
- We never collect personal data for accompanying children under 16.
- We never use personal data for profiling purposes.
- We never sell or use personal data that we have received to a third party.
- Subscriptions to receive email updates will be held indefinitely.
- You may request deletion of your data from our marketing databases by opting out of consent.
- If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our website or held by our marketing team, you may submit your request on our website or by email to email@example.com
- Any incident related to a data breach or theft of data is immediately reported to the Privacy Commission.
Customer Access to Data Requests
- If a customer asks for their personal data, we will provide it free of charge.
- We communicate the personal data we store to our customer both through the booking confirmation and in the arrival information. The only exception to this rule is credit card information which we only send encrypted and only upon specific request.
Visiting Our Website
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process personal data collected or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
Visitors to our website may opt-out of cookies storage at any time and prevent the setting of cookies by means of a setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
We operate an email mailing list program used to inform consented subscribers about news, specials, and events. Users subscribe through an online automated process where they give their explicit permission. The subscriber’s personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links, or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to the customer’s engagement, geographic, and demographics. Through our emails you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
Subscriptions to Newsletters
Our customers are informed regularly by means of a newsletter about offers, specials and events. The customer may only receive our newsletter by (1) having a valid e-mail address and (2) the customer consents to the subscription.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter is only used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the customer at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the customer has given, may be cancelled at any time. To unsubscribe to our newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by email or in writing.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Visitors to our website should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.